What is it and what do I get?
The Schools Visit Programme began in 2006 as part of our commitment to our community. This programme is designed to promote students’ food knowledge and awareness about healthy eating by engaging them with hands-on experience of pizza making and a discussion about basic nutrition, food safety and food preparation skills.
The programme’s aims are to:
- encourage students to develop knowledge of and love for food
- empower students to become conscious diners and making healthy and sustainable food choices
Aspirations for the programme are that it should:
- be of mutual benefit to PizzaExpress’s staff and the local students
- reflect PizzaExpress’s good practice and current thinking in community and charity contribution
- have a positive impact on PizzaExpress’s staff by providing ample opportunities and resources for them to get involved
- Our Schools Visit Programme is generally available to schools of either Primary or Secondary schools students, as well as students attending special needs schools.
- The visit must be undertaken in pursuit of the Primary or Secondary School curriculum as approved by the Education Bureau of Shanghai.
School Visits are free but demand for these visits is high. Please get in touch early so we have enough time to plan in advance.
School Visits are available at all PizzaExpress Shanghai restaurant locations.
How it works
- A School Visit must be booked directly via the form below a minimum of 14 days in advance. During busy months for popular restaurants, we advise you to allow more time to make sure that you get your first choice of date and location.
- All visits are subject to availability and offered at our discretion. Reservation takes into consideration our commitment to serving a diversity of schools. Priority will be given to schools that have not recently received one of our grants; however, all schools are invited to request visits.
- Once we receive your application, a member of our team will get back to you within 5 working days.
- Please note, your booking is not complete until you receive a confirmation with the exact date and time of your visit. Unscheduled groups will not be accepted.
- The school principal will need to sign the confirmation letter acknowledging his/her approval of the School Visit.
A School Visit is a 90-minute workshop session held in one of our participating restaurants. A typical visit will consist of the following:
09:30 to 09:50 – Introduction
09:50 to 10:40 – Pizza Making Led by One of our Trained Staff
10:40 to 10:50 – Q&A Session
10:50 to 11:00 – Pizzas Boxed Up and Take Home
Please read our FAQs for more details and Terms & Conditions.